Monday, February 2, 2009

Cards needed!

Well, today has been a bit of a trying day for me.  Somehow watching the SuperBowl here made me wonder how much people in America care about the troops and if they even do care anymore.

I posted to my moms group & boy did they ever let me have it!  They overwhelmed me with support and also in the process gave me a couple of ideas that I need you guys to help us out with.  

I know a couple of you are crafty & or have access to other things, but I would like to send Marc (or if you already have his address, go for it!) some blank cards that he can just throw into an envelope and mail to the kids to send them little notes. They love getting mail (as do I...so maybe he will think to send one my way occasionally as well).  Ian has been sending some e-mails Marc's way (I've been helping with the typing), and Leah has been chiming in occasionally as well. I've already started sending boxes Marc's way with art from the kids along with books, DVD's and other items he's been asking for.  If anyone has a few extra blank cards they want to send my way as well that would be great.  I'll start sending them his way as well (just let me know if they are for the kids & I or Marc when you send them).  No stamps are needed as we can send postal mail to each other for free.

Oh, and a couple of other quick notes...health wise I'm doing fine.  The colonoskopy went without issue & they told me they would see me in 10 years.  Turns out it was E Coli that I had after Thanksgiving (still not fun, but nice to know I've made it through and am healthy again).
We've had Christmas Cards Returned for several of you...I am working to get them back out again, so they will obviously be Very late.

Catherine

No comments: