Monday, March 16, 2009

Leah's New Look

As hard as I've tried to get Leah to stop twirling her hair, it's been a hard habit for her to break, especially with Marc gone from us.  She had gotten to the point where her finger was getting stuck and losing circulation, and the back was constantly in knots that would come out in clumps when we tried to get them out.  You can see from the shot that shows the back of her head where she was starting to get a little bald spot (I didn't want it to get any bigger).

So, this morning we cut her hair.  I left it a bit longer in the front, but since most of the twirling was happening in the back, I cut that much shorter. Oh, by the way, I've started cutting Ian's hair now also.  Coming up I'm sure you'll see more pics of Leah's new style.  

I put the clip in & gave her a snack when she was done so she had something to treat herself to.  I think it is bothering me more than her that we had to cut it so short.  She seems pretty happy with the whole thing.

Here is the front with the clip in: 


I wound up with her bangs a little shorter than I normally would have done...she moved her head while I was trimming that area & I didn't want it to be too uneven:


Here is the back, complete with little bald spot, but you can also see some of the longer hair from the front:


Catherine

No comments: