Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Home with the Family

Hello all! I have been home for a full day and already making up for lost time in the photo department! Which is hopefully good news for everyone out there. So amazing to be home.

So I arrived yesterday morning about 6:20 am in Frankfurt, and then hopped on a train to Neubrucke where Catherine and the kids picked me up (about a 15 minute drive to home). The kids were beside themselves - but I luckily only went into sensory (auditory) overload once. Catherine had an optometry appointment so I made use of the time to catch up with my friends at the clinic. Then it was home where the kids and I played tickle, tag, tickle tag, freeze tag, tackle, tackle tag - and about every variation on those games ever conceived. Ian and Leah both collapsed for the night and I got to enjoy a nice cold Grimbergen - a Belgian beer popular with the Belgians on Ramstein.

This morning Catherine was running some errands so I watched the kids. We went for a nice walk out at the local castle (Frauenberg Ruine) - actually the Nahe River that runs through the little valley there. The kids had a nice time running up and down the path, but the biggest bonus of that outing was the complete motherload of blackberries we found! They were too tart, so hopefully another week or so on the vine will ripen them up nicely. The photo here is of Ian and Leah together looking back in the direction of the ruins, under the bridge and on the other side of the hill in the background.



This next one is a photo of Leah earlier in the day, just hamming it up for the camera.



The last one is from Ian's second soccer practice (my first!). He did an okay job of listening, and a really good job of having fun and giving it a try. He is working on running and kicking (dribbling), but does really very well considering this is only the second time he has played soccer.


I hope all is well out there for everybody. Expect more posts to follow. We have Paris, Versailles, and Normandy coming up starting this Sunday. Cheers!

Marc

No comments: