Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My last post for a couple of months . . .

For my last day in Germany, before I head back out to Iraq, I fixed up Leah's bike, we took a trip to the Naturwildpark just a little ways outside of Baumholder, and took Ian to his soccer practice. So this will be my last post for several months - hopefully Catherine will post some while I'm away ; )

This photo is of Leah and her baby. Open it for the large photo and you'll notice that she and her baby are wearing the same outfit. Thank you aunt Arlene! Leah loves the princess outfit and the fact that her baby can wear the same thing is just the icing on the cake.


This morning before we left, Ian and Leah were enjoying some cartoons. Ian was oblivious to me, and as I like this sort of shot I ran to get my camera and snap a ton of photos. This was my favorite of the bunch.


And finally, to close out my posts for a while, I figured I'd include a shot of both kids. This one is from the Naturwildpark. They had goats, pigs, cows, donkeys, horses, deer, elk, moose, hawks, eagles, owls, ducks, chickens, swans, geese, raccoons, foxes, lamas, ibises - the list could go on. All in all a fun little walk - especially as the domestic animals were so friendly (beggars is closer to the truth) and the walking path was pleasant.


I hope everyone is well out there. I'll post more to the blog once I'm back from Iraq for good. Cheers!

Marc


No comments: