Friday, May 14, 2010

Ahhh, Siena . . .

One quick post before we leave Tuscany and then bask in the glory of the Italian Riviera: Cinque Terre!

Another panorama of the villa where we are staying. I have literally loads of these, so I'll stop posting those here. I'll probably post some on my Flickr site when I get around to it. I've included the vineyards that are next to the villa (mmmm, Chianti).

Wednesday we took a trip into Siena, which was pretty amazing. We timed it for Wednesday because that is a market day. There were sooooooo many vendors out there selling everything from clothes, to leather goods, to fresh cheeses and veggies. I can't remember everything we picked up, but Catherine found some deals (like there was any question there!).

Below is a panoramic of the medieval/old city of Siena. You can see Il Campo adjacent to the tower (just left of it).


And here is everyone enjoying a picnic lunch on Il Campo - the giant piazza at the heart of Siena.


I figured I'd give you all a head's up on what is coming next: GELATO!! Maybe not next, but certainly in the next couple of posts. Is it good? Oh yeah! Ian and Leah will give their endorsements that is irrefutable evidence of the tasty deliciousness that Italy has perfected.

Oh yeah - in case you forgot (or never knew) just click on the photos for a larger version.

Ciao,

Marc


No comments: