Tuesday, May 11, 2010

To Toscana Cooking Class

Catherine and Christina took part in a cooking class way out in Poggio San Polo - way out in the remote countryside of Tuscany/Chianti. They had a blast, and while they were learning to cook authentic Italian meals, Nancy and the kids and I explore Radda which was just an awesome little hill town in Chianti. We had a great time exploring the old city, and playing on the playground.

We were in Radda for couple of hours, then made our way back to Toscana Mia for a delicious homemade 4 or 5 course lunch. I can't say enough good things about Toscana Mia, they seemed wonderful people.

This is a random photo from the day before, Ian and Leah playing with Shelley at our villa - Shelley belongs to Holly and Luca who manage the place and live right next door.


While we were waiting for lunch to be served, Ian and Leah passed the time blowing bubbles, which never really seems to get old with them.


After lunch, Ian and Leah again were blowing bubbles, so I decided to get some nice photos of each of them. Ian is a tough bird to photograph anymore: he likes to make funny faces while he says "cheese", so I'm glad to have a couple of keepers from this day.


Leah is still a joy to photograph. This one wasn't my favorite for technical reasons, but for her smile is easily my favorite.


I hope all is well out there. Ciao!

Marc

No comments: