Sunday, June 13, 2010

Thallichtenberg

Nothing much new here in Germany. My folks came over for a couple of weeks and I think they had a good time. I didn't really get any extra time off of work, except for Memorial Day which gave us a nice day in Trier. They thankfully brought some warmer weather with them. I didn't do a good job of taking photos while they were here. In fact, only one with them in it.

Anyways, yesterday after dropping them off at the airport, Leah and I went for a little walk. I brought my flash to practice some, and this is one of the shots I brought home. It is probably my favorite shot of the series.


This next shot if from the Dom in Trier (the Cathedral). Actually just outside the Dom, behind the church for the Nuns. It has this beautiful walled garden/cemetery with these arched walk ways running down the sides.


On Mom and Chuck's last day, we went for a longish drive through the Rhineland-Pfalz (the region were we live - think of it as a State). On the way home, right across the street from Drei Schonheiten was this photo. This was about 9:00 pm - still plenty of daylight!


This final shot is of the rapeseed field right behind the house. I know, that is a random shot. It was taken just before our Italian vacation. And I couldn't remember if I had included it or not. Anyways, here it is - the pretty yellow fields.


I hope all is well out there with everybody. Cheers!

Marc

No comments: