Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

As you might imagine, the 4th of July doesn't hold much significance here in Germany - it's a pretty low key celebration here. Though it has been a Euro-centric sports extravaganza; what with the Germans whipping the Argentineans the other night, and the Tour de France starting yesterday.

Nothing much new here, but I did take the camera out yesterday to snap some photos of the kids. It was HOT (for Germany) and later in the evening, as things were just starting to cool down I took the kids outside to burn off a little steam. You can't tell from here, but Ian is sitting on his bicycle in this photo.


And one of Leah sitting on her bike.


Both Ian and Leah were pretty tired of pedaling in front of the house by the time I took this one.


After all the biking fun, just to be sure I had worn them out, I had both Ian and Leah run up and down the driveway. They had a good time racing each other, then holding hands on the way down, then holding hands on the way up, and every conceivable permutation thereafter.

They really play pretty well with each other. Catherine and I are so lucky!

I hope all is well out there with everyone. Enjoy your 4th!

Marc

No comments: