Monday, December 6, 2010

Another day in Wales

Catherine let me take my camera and kit out and about for a walk through the snow and ice in search of some photos. I'll be testing my computer back home once it is time to push some of my panorama's together. Let's hope I don't crash it with information overload!

I went back to Llyn Ogwen (lake Ogwen) and made the short hike up to "Devil's Kitchen". It was just over a half mile, so I really do mean a short walk. It would have taken even less time had I not stopped every 30 feet for a new photo. The sights were gorgeous, and the early morning light was breathtaking (so was the cold!). The shot below is of the lake (Llyn Idwal) at the Devil's Kitchen. One of the proprietor's at the Bed and Breakfast where we are staying told us that someone was ice-skating up there this past week. I'm not sure I'd jump on ice in a place that remote.


And since I had my tripod, I took the liberty of getting in my own photo here. This doesn't happen too often, so enjoy.


After my very quick photo shoot (I could have stayed there all day in the mountains) I drove home and we all walked around Betwys-y-Coed, our little town. We had a nice little lunch, and then decided to drive to Caernarfon to see the sights there. Personally, I enjoyed Conwys much more. Here the kids are sitting outside of a random store while I shot photos of them.


After our fun in Caernarfon, we made our way to Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll, which is actually short for: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. It is the longest city (town really) name in Europe. And no, I did not free type that name, just a cut and past from the link provided.


We are making our way back to England tomorrow. Shaftesbury. Should be a very nice little cottage for a day or two before we make our way back to London. Have a wonderful day.

Cheers,

Marc

No comments: