Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cyrmu, that's Wales

After a llllloooooonnnnnnggggg day of travel, we arrived in Wales last night. It was a mostly uneventful drive, but it sure helps to have Catherine remind me to stay left! We were delayed in getting out of London by some construction at our Underground Station - which left us wandering the streets of London for 10-15 minutes trying to get to the nearest station. Then the train took forever to get to Heathrow - and the shenanigans went on and on.

Like I said, we made it to Wales though. I took the kids out for a nice long walk on some pretty slick streets and sidewalks, but we all had fun burning off some pent-up steam. The Bed-and-Breakfast where we are staying had a funny little snowman up on a table that the kids really enjoyed playing with.


After a very nice breakfast this morning, we drove through the Snowdonia National Park. We weren't disappointed! The little bit that we got to see from our car and short walks around were amazing!

We made our way to Conwy for lunch. The old stone wall from the 13th century (or earlier - history isn't my strong point) castle/fortress still surrounds the city.


This photo is of the Nant Ffrancon valley. We were lucky to find a place to park as the Welsh have a love affair with walking/hiking. And rightfully so. This is definitely a place I'll make my way back to some summer for some serious hiking and exploring.


And this one is of Mount Snowdon, just capped in snow in the background. The lake is frozen over - I'm told folks were skating on it yesterday.


We're still making plans for tomorrow. I'll probably head out and take more photos, plus we'll explore our little town of Betwys-y-Coed a bit more too. I wouldn't mind exploring the park a bit more, but I'm not sure if all of the roads are open. Time will tell . . .

Have a great day everyone. We did!

Cheers,

Marc

No comments: