Monday, December 20, 2010

Updown Cottage

My first photo from Updown Cottage was taken earlier in the morning, right before we headed out to do some initial exploring of Shaftesbury. We were staying at Gold Hill, which is justifiably famous for this street, the cottages that line it, and the amazing views over the surrounding countryside. It is even on a CD cover somewhere.



Later that afternoon, Catherine gave me some time to myself to wander around with just me and my camera. I had a great time, but the timing of my arrival back to our cottage was impeccable - I caught sunset at our cottage. For the curious out there, ours was the white one in the middle, two doors up from the thatched-roof cottage.

We truly lucked out with the weather, as the previous day and earlier that morning was completely overcast. While it was cold, the sun and the last bit of snow were just gorgeous. Catherine and I can't say enough great things about this cottage. The ambiance, the location, the facilities - all quite a cozy package. And it should make for another memorable (pre) Christmas vacation.

I don't have too many more photos to dig through from our vacation. So I hope everyone has enjoyed them. I don't remember what I've whittled it down to, but I'm guessing it is close to 250 photos or so that I have kept. That's about 1/2 to 1/3rd "keeper" rate. What I've posted is a small fraction. If you want to see more, you'll have to come over!

Cheers.

Marc

No comments: