Sunday, January 30, 2011

Out for a winter walk

I went for a long walk yesterday in the snow and the cold. It is a path I've traveled many times in the past couple of months, and yesterday was the first time that the weather was cooperating for me to take a photo.

Every time I've passed the picnic table (below) I've thought that it might make an interesting photo if there were snow. Well, we've had a ton of snow, but no clear skies. Until yesterday, that is!


It was a cooollld day for a walk (lower 20's) and the wind was brisk. The paths I followed were drifted snow through the woods, and glazed ice on the exposed hills. Not the best day out, but overall a nice walk.

The shot below is another one I've been wanting to take for probably 4-5 months now. At the top of a very high hill there is a hunter's stand (there is a field behind the camera where they would shoot!) with a beautiful view of the valley and Burg Lichtenberg (our castle). That little village is where we live, with an awesome view of the castle from our front window and porch. The castle - if you zoom in you'll see it better - is in the intersection of the right/upper thirds.

This was very near the end of my walk - so all downhill from here!


We're all (everyone except Ian, that is) dealing with a cold that Leah brought home. No fun, but whatcha gonna do? Enjoy your day everybody!

Cheers,

Marc

No comments: