Sunday, January 23, 2011

Photos of the kids

I finally decided to break out my photographic umbrella to start to familiarize myself with how it works. I was playing around originally lighting some glassware, but I wasn't having any luck. All of those photos were deleted (11 out of 92 survived the cut - none of the glassware made it).

Ian was helping me out, so I quickly set up to see how some portraiture type stuff would work. Overall I'm super happy with the results. I have quite a ways to go (I'll work my hairlight or kicker light next time for some extra pizzazz), but I'm still pleased with the early results. And it's fun learning something new!

I have several nice ones of Ian, but I felt like this one was the best of the group.


And this is one of my favorites of Leah from today. I'll continue to play around with a couple of the others and may post those - but they are going to be very similar to those I've just posted.


Either way, I think I have a couple of winners for next years' calendar! These two should definitely make it into the 2012 Skinner Sightings Calendar...

No comments: