Monday, January 17, 2011

The Running of the Bull

After our little walk yesterday, we had a minor bit of drama/comedy unfold right in front of us. This is my docudramedy:

It isn't everyday that one can witness a neighbor out for a walk with his pet cow. I've lived in the country - just down the road from a dairy farm, and I've never seen this before. I know I live in rural Germany, but even a guy out for a walk with his cow on a leash is going to raise an eyebrow or two.

I'm thinking to myself, "this is interesting, not something you see everyday - go ahead and take a photo of it". Which is precisely what I did. I watch the man take the cow into the field just to the right of the photo here.


I then start to take some photos of the kids. Unbeknownst to me, the cow makes a break for it. You can just see this in the last photo from yesterday. The original anyways; I've cropped it out of the photo I uploaded.

Anyways, the guy taking his cow out for a walk isn't alone. He accomplice is stuck trying to chase down this cow. I'm laughing out loud at this point, and pointing out the dramedy to the kids, who really couldn't care less. They walk the 50 meters to our "front" door while I'm watching the chase unfold.


The cow makes it all the way to the road, but a couple of kind strangers in cars have stopped to help corral the cow. The cow makes a couple of half-hearted attempts to go back the other way, but the original walker-on-a-leash dude shows up, with some free candy for the cow. The cow falls for the bait, the man grabs the leash, and its off to the pasture for the cow.


All I can think is, if I were the guy walking the cow, is just how tasty that stupid cow is going to be ; )

Ahhh, what passes for entertainment in rural Germany . . .

No comments: