Sunday, February 20, 2011

Beer

I wrote yesterday that we had gone to the Bottle Shop in Idar-Oberstein. I was on the prowl for some Belgian Beers, but as luck would have it - they had none.

So I turned some lemons into lemonade and have made due with the Bavarian Beer. Poor me!!



Anyways, the store had these HUGE bottles for sale that I thought would be great for bottle conditioning my own beer once I get back to the States and start brewing my own again. I bought one, and may go back for another - it really depends on what I find in Belgium. I've never tasted the Holzar Bier, so it is a bit of a gamble.

For those of you interested, I've placed a normal sized bottle of beer next to the 3 liter bottle. 12 of those bottles would fit in the bigger one. AND that is a bottle of Rochefort 8 - recently voted the best beer in the world by some magazine - and consistently in the top 5 depending on who is rating.

Have a wonderful day! We are enjoying a day of snow here. It hasn't stopped once since I've woken up to a couple of inches. Beautiful - and best of all I don't have to shovel it since we're not going out!

Cheers!

Marc

No comments: