Sunday, January 8, 2012

Had a great day

Leah had a nice birthday on Saturday. We all loaded up the car in our Sunday best and headed to Sears, I mean Toy's 'R' Us. Leah did some toy shopping, and after a full perusal of the goods, decided to get a guitar with her money. She came in right on budget - I think she'll be as shrewd a shopper as her mother. Note that the electric guitar is Leah's world favorite color - pink. The only way to improve this will be the addition of Hello Kitty stickers, which I'm sure are shortly to follow.


After a rough start to the day (I was grumpy, what can I say), I'm happy to report that all ended well. While Catherine and Nancy hosted a Pampered Chef get-together, I was entrusted with the kids. What was planned as a one hour soiré actually lasted much longer. Good thing the kids and I were having a blast in Olympia and came home late.


We made our way to the marinas in downtown Olympia. The sun was out, the mountains were out, plenty of people were out too! We walked out on a public dock to see the sights, turns out it was chock full of sea jellies/jellyfish. Temperature aside, today would not have been a pleasant swim.


Both Ian and Leah played very nice and posed for the camera a bunch of times. They got to have their fun too. They threw rocks into the Sound, built a fort out of rocks, explored for sea shells, and had fun trying not to get wet when the occasional baby wave came ashore.


Leah loves to ham for the camera. I didn't have to ask for this kiss at all. I love it when they give me free ammo.


This location should look pretty familiar - same spot as with our anniversary photos (and our Christmas card photos). I'll be back for sure, very photogenic!


Have a great day everybody!

Cheers,

Marc

No comments: