Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Day Celebration

A I wrote in the last blog post for 2011, we traveled with Nancy to visit some of her friends who live on Lopez Island, in the San Juan Islands north of Seattle. The only way to get there is by boat - we hopped on a ferry and got to ride across the Puget Sound at sunset. It was a cold and windy ride (outside, anyways) which meant I had the outside mostly to myself. If you look close you will see another ferry all lit up arriving at the Lopez Island docks at the junction of the upper and left thirds of this photo.



We did a fair bit of exploring on New Years Eve. This shot below was taken at the Shark Reef county park (I don't know about the shark bit, seal rocks would have been a more appropriate name from what we could see). The views were amazing.


The views were so nice I headed back for some sunset photos. The sunset kind of fizzled, but there was some nice color. These photos don't do it justice, but the Olympic mountains to the south were just visible and of course were very pretty.


On the way home, since we were passing the place buy, we headed into downtown Seattle on the off chance that the market would be open. It was not.


But that doesn't mean I can't gloat about my awesome parking spot!! Literally two blocks down from where they throw fish (except on New Years Day). That probably won't happen again in my lifetime.


Have a wonderful day everybody. Ours was wet, but nice. Cheers!

Marc

No comments: