Sunday, February 5, 2012

Columbia River Gorge, Part I

We've been having some sunshine lately, so since it was supposed to be a sunny and warm (50's) weekend we made the trip to Oregon to drive the Columbia River Gorge Scenic Highway. There are plenty of waterfalls along the way to see that are just minutes from the parking areas.

This one below is apparently a very popular and famous waterfall, Multnomah Falls. The interstate that runs adjacent the the scenic highway even has a rest area with parking and a tunnel to get to the falls. The upper falls is several hundred feet tall, the lower is around 70 feet. They both kick up a good bit of mist and spray.


I had to remove one person from the bridge (in photoshop, not physically), but that was a pretty easy fix and I think really improves the photo. I was surprised that only one person was on the bridge when I took the photo, since the parking lot was completely full when we got there. I can't imaging what it would be like in the summer on a weekend when the temperatures are warm.

I'm working on a photo of a different waterfall. More story and photos to come...

Marc

No comments: