Friday, April 27, 2012

Thor's Well at Sunset

This is probably my favorite photo from our trip to Oregon. I made my way to Cape Perpetua in time for both sunset and a low working to high tide. I had the place to myself, which was nice, as was the weather. My goal was to capture a nice photo of Thor's Well with the sunset in the distance, and I'd say I can mark that goal as complete. I'd love to go back and try again sometime, this time hoping for slightly calmer seas. 

Thor's Well is a cavern open to the Pacific Ocean that had its roof collapse at some point in time. Waves rush in and come flying out from the well, mixes with the water from the waves that came in over the top, and then they all rush back in to the bottom of Thor's Well. I took a short couple of videos, one of which I posted to this blog earlier this month if you want to get a feel for the action of the Ocean.


Anyways, I hope you all enjoy the photo. Have a great weekend everybody!

Cheers,

Marc

No comments: