Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Olympic National Park, again?!?

This past weekend I went back to the Olympic National Park. AGAIN. This time I went to the northern most sections. The first night I spent at Sol Duc. I was looking for a very specific photo of these falls.


This isn't the very specific shot I was looking for. I have the photo, but I need to do some work in photoshop to make it extra special. I've not seen this composition before, though, so I still like it, especially since no one is on the bridge, which is no small feat.

I had a lazy morning in my tent/hammock - which I love - at Sol Duc. I headed out to Heart o' the Hills campground at the bottom of Hurricane Ridge and had my other camp site set up just before 11 in the morning. I was not prepared for the special day I had in store for me.


I was originally looking to just explore Hurricane Ridge and drive the Obstruction Point Road (which is scheduled to fully open from the snow this upcoming Friday - yeah!!!) and then run into Sequim for the Lavender Festival. No dice. I stayed the whole day on Hurricane Ridge. I walked the last half of the Obstruction Point Road, where I found this nice photo of some wildflowers in the foreground, with some of the Olympic Mountains in the background.


It was a bit too early for the peak of the wildflower season, so I decided to head back to Hurricane Ridge and take the short walk to Hurricane Hill and watch the sun set from there. It was worth the effort, and the sunset was beautiful. I'm glad I brought my cold gear, because once the sun started setting, it started to get cold! Not that the deer minded at all.


I'm still working on my photos from this weekend, so potentially look for more in the next several days or weeks. Have a wonderful day everybody!

Cheers,

Marc

No comments: