Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer Vacation, Day 1

Don't let the title fool you, I won't be posting daily. However, since we are slowly making our way out East to camp at some of the National Parks, I figured I'd post while I could. I always want to say "out West" out of habit, but from where we live now that would put us squarely in the Pacific Ocean. So east we go...

Yesterday we made our way to eastern Washington where I've been wanting to come photograph the Palouse Hills. I've seen photos of them on Flickr and other places, and since then have wanted to see them for myself. The Palouse region of Washington is where the majority of farming in Washington takes place. It is very rural, with large rolling hills.

The photo below is from Steptoe Butte State Park, which rises several hundred feet above the Palouse. We had to wait a bit for the sun to set, but it was worth it. The photo doesn't do it justice. When you are driving amongst the hills, they are actually quite large.


Leah hopped out of the car and allowed me to photograph her. I don't know that she has ever said "no" to a photograph. The girl likes to ham it up for the camera!


And this final photo is sunset on our way to our hotel after driving down from Steptoe Butte. There was a barn that I wanted to photograph, but those photos didn't turn out too well.


Have a wonderful day everybody. Next stop, Boise!

Marc

No comments: