Saturday, April 20, 2013

An Awarding/Rewarding day for the Kids.

I had the pleasure of sitting through not one but TWO Awards Ceremonies at the kids school yesterday.  The first was for grades K-2, the second for 3-6.

Leah's award was a surprise for her.  It is the school's Soaring Eagle Award.  This is the highest award that they give.  It means that she has been working hard to show "The Eagle Way".  Thankfully her teacher let me know so I could be there, even if I couldn't tell Leah I was coming. 


Here she is after they called her name.  She had spotted me in the crowd, so was ready for a picture.


Her teacher, Mrs. Cahill was kind enough to take a picture with her after school.  I didn't realize the award couldn't be seen until I went to post this. It has a picture of an eagle on it with her name and date.

At the second assembly it was Ian's turn.  He received a Citizenship Award.   He's been working hard to show Safety, Respect, Responsibility and Cooperation.


He knew I was going to be at the ceremony, but isn't as "camera aware".  Here he is getting his award.


Here's one of him I got after school with him holding his award.  This one you can see!

My camera died this past year so I had to use my ipad for pics.  Not the same quality as Marc's camera, but I still wanted to share the happy news from this week.


Catherine

No comments: