Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Copper Ridge Trail, North Cascades National Park

After our hike up to Egg Lake, Jeff and I took it easy. The next morning we woke up early so I could go snap some photos, and so we could take a day hike up to the Copper Ridge Lookout. That hike was a mere two miles or so, with about a thousand vertical feet of elevation gain.



Jeff and I enjoyed a couple of nice hot cups of coffee, then we headed uphill to the main trail. At the top we back tracked for this photo with both of us and Mt. Shuksan and Mt. Baker in the background. Yes, it was cold up there in the mornings, averaging in the low-mid 40's.



We then made our way towards the Copper Ridge Lookout, which as you'll see, is a phenomenal Ranger station for the NPS park rangers. The views along the trail were nothing short of stunning! When I was researching this hike, I had read that there were plenty of great views, but that certainly didn't prepare me for what we found.



We eventually made it to the Lookout which had some of the best views in the park, even into Canada. The rangers that sleep in that lookout cabin have to pinch themselves (when the weather is good)!



Poor little guy is all tuckered out! Jeff grabbed a short nap while I was snapping photos.



When we made it back to Egg Lake, it was good and warm. Jeff and I both jumped in for a short "swim". That water was just as cold as it was the day before, but after a warm day on the trail, it felt great to jump in and cool off.



Cheers,

Marc

No comments: