Sunday, October 6, 2013

Quick family trip to North Cascades National Park

Catherine and I decided to make a trip up to North Cascades National Park (not that it was technically open, stupid government!) while the weather was nice so they could see where Jeff and I had been hiking earlier this year. We stayed in a little chalet, which was very nice.

We drove into North Cascades National Park and took in the view at the Diablo Lake overlook, which while pretty, we were pressed for time since I wanted to get up to see Mt. Shuksan while the sun was out.

All in all, Saturday was a big day in the car, but the kids did great.

Sunday morning I got up early and went back up on the mountain, which was fun for me. I went back to pick up Catherine and the kids (after having breakfast), and we went to see Nooksack Falls.



The kids had a great time at Nooksack, climbing on the rocks and running around a bit. Below is Mt. Shuksan with a fresh coat of snow. We had snow earlier in the week in the mountains (like here), with some of it still sticking around through this weekend. 



Have a great day everybody!

Marc

No comments: