Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe how long it has been since my last blog post! I wish I had a better excuse than "I've been working hard", but that is about as good as it gets. Today was actually the first time I've dug out my camera since late October, so don't think I'm just not sharing. Work has been hectic, and I expect it to stay so for the remainder of our time here at Joint Base Lewis McChord. 



While I haven't brought out my proper camera, I do have my iPhone with me most times, so that has become kind of my day to day camera. The photo above and below are both camera photos. The above photo was just from a bike ride we had taken earlier this fall, the one below was from Ian's Webelos ceremony. Next up is his Arrow of Light!



Ian has been busy with his Webelos scouting - to include an overnight 11-mile hike in the freezing cold (thank goodness it wasn't raining!) with some local Boy Scouts. He didn't complain once, for which I am eternally grateful and equally proud of him. Leah has picked up with the Girl Scouts (Brownie?) and has recently decided to give up ballet. I think she really loves the Girl Scout stuff way more than than the dancing.

This morning I decided to take the kids to the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge for some fresh air, exercise, and to allow Catherine to get some last minute gift-wrapping done. We got home in time for lunch, and here shortly (for me) a nap. Yeah naps!!!!



So now you are all caught up on the Skinners. We'll be posting our Christmas letter shortly. Enjoy your Christmas Eve everybody!

Marc

No comments: