Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snow Day!!!

I was planning on making a trip down to the Columbia River Gorge to shoot some iced over waterfalls this weekend, but that didn't happen. Portland (which I have to go through) got some snow that practically shut the place down, so I decided to play it safe on Saturday with plans to shoot down Sunday.

Then is started to snow here shortly after sunset. Out of nowhere we were projected to get 3-6 inches of snow. I'd say we got three. Since we aren't well prepared here in the "lowlands" for snow, once again my travel plans were changed.




I decided instead to go for a walk this morning to enjoy the quiet. I walked to our usual bike path, and as anticipated, had the place to myself. The kids were awake, they just didn't want to come outside.


Until I got back, that is. Once I told them that the snow was perfect for making snowmen, they wanted to get out immediately. This particular snowman took less than five minutes to put together, minus the arms and head/face features. Everyone was nice enough to play along and get their photos taken. All in all, a nice way to start the day and week. Have a great day everybody!

Marc

No comments: