Sunday, January 4, 2015

Grand Canyon to Petrified Forest National Parks

Like I said in my previous post, we had a good time while we were at the Grand Canyon.  It was cold, and extremely busy (apparently Christmas/New Years is in the top 2 or 3 busiest weeks of the year!), but fun.  While Catherine and the kids were waiting for me to get all set up for a family photo, they had fun with an iPhone selfie.



Which of course, the kids and I had fun with selfies, too.



I got up early on our last morning to catch a cold (7 F - yes, that's seven) and windy sunrise.  I lucked out with a few low clouds to catch the early morning color on the horizon.  I didn't stay too long since I knew we had to get on the road.



From the Grand Canyon, we drove to Albuquerque, passing through Petrified Forest National Park on our way past.  The kids LOVED Petrified Forest!  The petrified trees were quite beautiful.



And the kids had a great time completing their Junior Ranger badge requirements.  There were dinosaur fossils to analyze, petrified trees to discover, and ancient petroglyphs to explore.  Here they are, getting sworn in by a Park Ranger.


 Have a great day!

Cheers,

Marc



No comments: