Wednesday, July 29, 2015

More Florida

I forgot that I had some photos on my phone, so I figured I'd go back to Auburn, quickly.  We had a nice dinner with uncle David and aunt Lowell, and then walked around the campus just a bit.  I took this photo right outside Jordan Hare stadium, where Auburn plays football.



So, back to Florida.  Dad and Pam live in The Villages, which is a nice retirement community, complete with golf carts everywhere.  The kids really liked riding in them, especially since they could ride in the front.



We got to see most of the sites there are to see in The Villages, but I'm sure Dad and Pam could find more.  I think this was after a breakfast, and Leah had found a flowering tree somewhere.



We were treated to an airboat ride, which we all enjoyed.  We didn't see any alligators, the boat captain said the water level had been too high from a very wet year last year, so that the normal island which we would have seen was still submerged.  It was still a pretty ride, and a lot of fun on the way back when the captain opened up the throttle a bit and skimmed the boat left and right.


Next up, Miami!

Cheers,

Marc

No comments: