Sunday, July 26, 2015

Resuming normal blogging...

The last time I blogged, Ian was on his way to summer camp with the Boy Scouts, and I was studying like mad for my comprehensive final oral examination for my master of health administration degree.  I am happy to say the Ian had a great time with the Boy Scouts, and I passed my exam (yay!!!!).

Since then we've travelled from Texas to Virginia, where we have settled down for a bit.  I've had my first week at work, which was nice but mostly just in processing stuff.  I'll be posting a couple of brief blogs about our trip, and try to get everyone caught up on what this version of the Skinner clan has been up to.

First, our story picks up where we left off...Ian at summer camp.  Catherine, Leah, and I were all supposed to make the hour trek out to see Ian, but since the movers pushed us back a day, Catherine was stuck at home to monitor the loading of all our worldly possessions into a truck.  Leah and I bravely pushed west, and found Ian at his campsite.  He was very happy to see us and show us around the camp where he'd spent the past week.  Leah and I got to have a scout dinner with Ian, walked around a bit, and then watched some of the closing ceremonies.

We left Ian with the Boy Scouts, returned home to "help" clean up the now-empty house, which took until almost 1 in the morning.  I was a tired boy, that is well past my bedtime! Ian returned home the next day a bit early from the Boy Scouts, so we rushed to the church to pick him up, loaded up both cars (we both drove separately - boo!!!), and made our way to Houston.  The hotel was hosting a birthday party immediately under our room, complete with DJ and a thumping booty-bass line.  Since that hotel was fully booked, we drove to the east side of Houston and stayed at a hotel there - much better!



We slept in a bit and then drove east, said a quick hello to Lamar University in Beaumont, continued across Louisiana, crossed the mighty Mississippi River, and stopped in Natchez, Mississippi for a couple of nights.


Natchez is a pretty, little, Southern town right on the Mississippi.  We had a similar view of the river from our hotel room, but there was a promenade along the river with the best views that we enjoyed.

Well, that's good for now.  Hope all is well with everyone.  Cheers,

Marc

No comments: