Sunday, March 6, 2016

Great Falls National Park

Catherine and Leah had a Girl Scout function this afternoon, and I was feeling stir crazy, like I needed to get out into the woods (despite camping last weekend with Ian and his Boy Scout Troop with another campout coming up this weekend).

So I loaded Ian into the car with our cameras, and we headed to Great Falls National Park, about 20-30 minutes away.



Despite the bare trees, the place was fairly crowded, though I can see it will be an absolute nightmare in the summer, if solitude is your thing.



Solitude is my thing, so I will have to plan accordingly.  The first overlook had some great little rock scrambles that Ian had a great time climbing over.  Nothing serious, but I know Ian really enjoyed it, because we went back to it after we visited the other two overlooks.


Have a great day!

Marc

No comments: