Sunday, March 20, 2016

Smithsonian Air & Space Museum

While it may look like it is all fun and games with the Skinners in Virginia, it is not.  Ian brought home a particularly nasty cold and shared it with the rest of us.  Catherine and I had the cold sweats, fevers, chills, body aches, headaches - you name it.  It laid us up pretty good yesterday, but I thought that getting out of the house would be good for us, so we kicked off spring break (I took the week off to spend with Catherine and the kids) with a trip to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum (the one by Dulles).



Catherine got us hooked up with a tour.  It was very informative, but a bit long, if you know what I mean.  The kids wanted their photos taken with the astronaut dude.  He was a cardboard cutout, not a real suit like Ian saw in Washington, but it still looked very realistic.



My favorite snarky thing I saw was this very confusing set of signs.  Is it an emergency exit, or is it not?



What I most wanted was a nice photo of the family.  I crowded them in front of the SR-71 Blackbird, and snapped a little momento to share.


Have a great day!

Marc

No comments: