Saturday, October 21, 2017

Manassas National Battlefield Park and Harper's Ferry

Wednesday morning I got up early and drove out to Manassas National Battlefield Park, site of two Civil War battles.


I have never been there before, and I did absolutely no Civil War research; I was primarily interested in walking around and pointing my camera at things.  I started out at a farmhouse near the visitor center, and then walked several miles in a big loop.



The light didn't pan out, but it was a nice walk.  Thursday evening I drove to Harper's Ferry, WV to take in the site above the town.



The hike was only about a mile and half, but it was mostly up.  I wasn't the only one who thought to take in a pretty sunset while overlooking Harper's Ferry, but it wasn't crowded, either. 


Have a great day everybody!

Marc

No comments: