Sunday, April 8, 2018

Cherry Blossoms, Tidal Basin

Spring has finally arrived - but it doesn't quite feel like it.  The cherry blossoms hit peak bloom this past week, so Saturday morning I braved 40 degree temps and strong winds (it was cold!), but was rewarded with the always beautiful cherry blossoms.



Unfortunately, the clouds were low and heavy, so there was no pretty sunrise. That didn't stop me from walking along the tidal basin for a bit to enjoy the blossoms. Since I parked fairly close to the Roosevelt Memorial, I made my way through the sprawling memorial, and took my time to photograph along the way.



This photo just barely caught my eye as I was headed back to the car, but I quite like it.


Afterwards, I caught up with Ian and the Boy Scouts, where we spent a freezing night. Thankfully they already had a fire going when I arrived, and we kept it going until it was time to go to bed.

Hope all is well,

Marc

No comments: