Saturday, June 26, 2021

Moon Rise over White Sands part 2

Just some more photos from Thursday's trip to see the full moon rise over White Sands National Park. These are all iPhone photos, so don't judge the quality too harshly - many of them were taken in dim light.

This first one is just a quick selfie I took after we had walked out into the dunes and staked our claim.



Leah and I did a tiny bit of exploring, so I grabbed a photo of her.



After I took Leah's photo, I turned around and saw this lone yucca with the last of the sunset coloring the sky behind it.



This panorama is one that Leah took.



And this one is also from Leah, closer to where our chairs were sitting.



Here is one that Catherine took, pretty much as soon as we staked our claim.



Ian sent me one photo. It looked good on his phone, but when I got it onto the computer, it was noisy and pixelated - he zoomed in tight on the moon, and the contrast between the bright moon and the dark sky was just too much for that iPhone sensor to resolve.

Cheers,

Marc

No comments: