Monday, October 25, 2021

Fall Color at Cloudcroft

I meant to go Saturday evening to check out the fall color in Cloudcroft, but didn't. That meant I had to dash up there Sunday. I am soooo glad I made the effort. 



My primary areas to find some autumn color were basically done - we had a strongish wind Saturday night that probably blew the majority of the leaves down. However, right outside of Cloudcroft - less than five minutes - I found a couple of stands of trees in the peak of their color.


Meanwhile, I am getting ready for a fall trip next weekend to Utah. I will be hiking into some canyons, getting my feet wet in the rivers. I scored a ticket to a place called the Subway in Zion National Park; that place has been on my bucket list for quite some time. Now let's hope for clear skies when I go!

Cheers,

Marc


No comments: