Saturday, October 7, 2023

Out and About

We had a couple of really nice weekends, after rain during the week - which was a nice way to do it!

Last weekend I took the bike out to the Olympic National Forest to try my luck on the gravel roads.



I got "lost" along the way, but ended up figuring out where I needed to go to get to the High Steel Bridge (standing on it in the photo, below).



So this weekend, I did it even better by heading south to check out the south side of Mt. St. Helens. I did the first section of the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route, which was a blast.



Fall colors were in full effect, and I got to see four volcanoes - Hood, St. Helens, Adams, and Rainier.



The BDR got a bit sketchy in places, but never too far outside of my comfort zone.


The BDR goes right past Takhlakh Lake (above, and from the recent Moto Mountain Man adventure, so I stopped just long enough to snap a photo and then got back on the road.

All total, I spent about 12 hours on the bike - I'm tired!

Cheers,

Marc


No comments: