Sunday, April 3, 2011

A nice walk

So today wasn't quite as nice as yesterday, but all in all, it has still been a very good day. I even got to take a nap - which is very unusual for me.

We decided to take a walk through the woods about a mile or two from here. I've been back there numerous times, but this time with Nancy and the kids we took a path I've never been on before. It was mostly uphill on the way out, which made it a nice downhill on the way back.

Along the way we found a nice hilltop with an interesting old tree. I have a couple of good photos of Leah there,


as well as some nice photos of Ian. Nancy pointed out that Ian is difficult to photograph well - I know! Here he is with his Jedi lightsaber attached to his belt- can't leave home without it!


After the walk we drove a slightly different way home which brought us to the castle, rather than just skirt the foot of the hill where it sits on top. The kids had a great time climbing up and down the little hill of rocks inside the castle grounds, pretending that lava was rising and receding depending on whether they were at the top of the hill or at the bottom. They really play very well together - a blessing which I hope lasts quite a while longer.


Finally, I took a couple of closer-up "portraits" of both Leah and Ian. This one from Leah was from the walk in the woods.


Ian's is from the castle grounds. You really need to prefocus and have the shot composed because once Ian looks towards the camera, he won't stay looking directly there for long.


I hope everyone has a wonderful day out there. I know we have!

Tschuss,

Marc

No comments: