Sunday, April 10, 2011

The View from Here (revisited)

I've been thinking about this particular photo for about a year now. I've either forgotten about it with everything going on, or the weather wasn't right, the light wasn't right, or I thought I'd do it "later". Well, "later" was today!

This is the view from our patio (and the living room window too). It is a view that we enjoy daily. The castle (Burg Lichtenberg) has been featured in several of my photos before. I considered cropping out some of the satellite dish nonsense, but that would just take too much time and I'd rather spend it doing other stuff.

This is where we eat al fresco when we outside at home. Today was most certainly an al fresco day!


After dinner I got out my flash and umbrella to get some portrait-y type photos of the kids. Ian didn't want to stand still for very long, so I'm happy I got this one of him.


Leah was dancing for a song that Ian was playing on one of his toys. This one is not shy in front of the camera!


And here you can see Leah doing her "vogue".


Finally, I sneakily left my camera on its tripod during dinner tonight to try to capture some of the action. This was the best of the mess - nothing terribly interesting, just a view of us enjoying dinner and the local scenery.


Oh yeah, this has been a super weekend. Nancy and I made a trip into Belgium on Saturday so she could reunite with Miho and I could make a beer run (JACKPOT!!). I was truly like a kid in the candy store - check out Pelgrims if you are ever north and east of Brussels and love Belgian beers. AND Christina arrived earlier today. Naturally we had to rush over to St. Wendel for the Easter Market, the warm and lovely spring version of the much loved Weinachtsmarkt (Christmas Market).

Have a wonderful day everybody, we most certainly have.

Cheers,

Marc

No comments: