Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sequim Lavender Festival

It has been a while since I last posted. Since then I've bought a new camera (much smaller and lighter while more capable) which I am still getting used to. I also am forced to use the manufacturer software to interpret the raw data until my usual software gets updated. So for the foreseeable future, you'll see what I get straight from the camera, with only a crop for size. I'll maybe repost my reworks once Lightroom gets updated. Anyways...

Last weekend Catherine and I loaded up the car and drove up the Olympic peninsula to Sequim (pronounced "Skwim") for the Lavender festival. We ended up camping at the Heart o' the Hills campground for the weekend, which was a bit damp, but overall nice. This photo below is one of my favorites from the weekend.


We made our way to 7 or so lavender farms (which smelled awesome, by the way) over the weekend, had lavender-flavored ice cream, coffee, and lemonade. Catherine found a nice field that offered "You Pick" with a variety of different lavender plants to choose from.


Early on that Sunday we drove up to Hurricane Ridge. We practically had the place to ourselves, with the exception of a couple of deer, deep snow piles, and cold wind. Even though is was July, next time we'll bring hats and gloves!


That's it for this one. I'll be posting another set of photos from this weekend. I can't wait to really work those in Lightroom - some of them will be special!

Cheers!

Marc

No comments: