Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This will have to do for now...

We're getting ready to head to Gymnastics now, so thought I would post a few pictures before I head out. Sorry a couple of pictures are a bit dark, not sure what is going on with my camera...


Here are both kids giving the Vault a try. Ian is getting really good at hitting the blue box to bounce on to the mat well. Leah is still working on it a bit.



Here is Leah getting up after trying a sommersault on the foam incline.


Here is Ian giving his sommersault a try.

The teacher is helping them learn how to hop on one foot through the rings.


Here's Ian after going across the beam.

They are learning how to do several different things and seem to be having fun with it. After each thing they are learning to put their feet together and their arms up. It was the first thing the teacher taught them to do. Now, I just need someone to remind me of a couple of gymnastics movies I can show the kids so they can have some idea of what they are doing. They haven't shown anything on our TV channels relating to gymnastics and I kind of wanted them to see what gymnasts do. I should be able to get it from Netflix or the library, I'm just drawing a blank.

Someone e-mail me with some ideas!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

There's some bad gymnastics movies out there (American Anthem, Stick It) and equally bad cheerleading movies (Bring It On (I think there are 4 of these movies now)) - but maybe some good gymnastics moves in them.

Catherine said...

Thanks! I actually got lucky and found an age appropriate one on Netflix.