Sunday, March 31, 2013

Anniversary celebration and Easter

I'm rolling up the past two days into one blog post, so bear with me. Yesterday we celebrated Nancy and Chauncey's 45th wedding anniversary. Catherine, Christina, and Aunt Lowell were spearheading the cooking and house decorating for the celebration, Uncle David and I were tasked to help occupy Nancy, Chauncey, and the kids outside of the home. We settled on the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables as a nice place to spend some time exploring.



The kids enjoyed the fountains on the grounds, as well as the nifty bird cages in the main lobby of the hotel.




Since Uncle David was there, I got to climb into several photos which is fairly unusual (as I'm sure most of you are aware).



This morning we made our way to the Chapel of the Venerable Bede on the University of Miami's campus. It turns out Nancy and Chauncey were married there 45 years ago, and Catherine and I were married there 17 years ago this year. My, how time has flown. Father Frank presided over our wedding, so it was nice to see him again too.



Since we were there, Nancy had the nice idea of a quick family photo.



Afterwards, we came home and enjoyed a nice lunch of Cuban sandwiches. The kids finished early and went to play in their room, which gave Catherine and me plenty of time to go hide some eggs for the Easter egg hunt.


Ian and Leah both wanted to swim, so off to the pool we went. That water was a bit chilly, but it was nice in the sun and both kids had a great time splashing and swimming around. Happy Easter everybody!

Marc

No comments: