Saturday, January 12, 2019

Hiking before the snowstorm

Ian had a school assignment for his PE class, and we chose hiking to complete that requirement. I found a place nearby where I was going to run in the morning, but decided I'd take the kids there before the snow hit.



Leah wasn't super excited to go, but once we got there and started hiking, she had a nice time. Fairly early in the hike, we came across this bench. For whatever reason, she wanted to stand on it rather than sit on it.



I got a nice photo of Ian for his assignment.



And further along the trail (maybe 2.5 miles total), we came across this pathway. We all thought it made for a nice photo spot - so voila!



The kids loved the irony of the sign proclaiming the incredibly distinct trail as not a trail! I'm sure some one has an excellent reason for why that trail is not a trail...


And on our way, Leah wanted to stop by this iced-over puddle-pond. I thought I'd snap a photo.

Have a great day!

Marc

No comments: