Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Middle of Nowhere, New Mexico

 


On our drive home from the kids high school yesterday they asked me to stop at the pull out at the top of the mountain pass we take to get to "town" (Las Cruces).  One of them wanted to take a picture of the mountain from there.  I thought it sounded like a fine idea, so decided to take a couple of pics of my own. 





I also thought everyone might enjoy getting a good view of where we're living now from up there.  So, here is a view of our base: 


Can't quite see it? Here is my zoomed in version from the overlook.  You can probably just make out the water tower & other sights we have on base here: 


We really are in the middle of nowhere, but it sure is pretty here. Thought I'd post this pic from our backyard that I took the other day.  Not such a shabby view for where we are.  However, it is quite a change from living on the East Coast for 6 years.  I do have to plan my grocery store trips a little better...

Will try to post a few pics of the flowers I've been enjoying seeing here soon!

Catherine

No comments: