Sunday, December 12, 2021

Driving through the years

I took the kids for their first real driving lesson this weekend, which spurred a trip down memory lane (see what I did there?).



I wasn't really looking for these photos, but stumbled across this one and went looking for more.



We started off driving to the nearest parking lot, and just practiced starts, stops, and low speed turns.



We did that for about 30 minutes, which let the kids get the feel of the car and how it handles, while getting comfortable behind the wheel without other distractions.



We then did some driving around the neighborhood area, again, about 30 minutes.



Once they were getting comfortable with the 15-25 mph range, we headed out into the desert with a theoretical 55 mph limit. Neither kid went much above 45, which was just fine by me. We had the roads completely to ourselves!


I know it is cliche to say that time flies or that the kids grow up fast...but it is true!

Cheers,

Marc

No comments: