Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Trinity Site

I took a trip to Chicago last week for a healthcare conference - it was 70*F when I left New Mexico, and it really felt like the 24*F in Chicago. That Sunday and Monday were COLD, and when it "warmed up" it snowed and rained on me. 

Not that I don't already appreciate the weather here, but it really made me miss the warmth and blue skies.


When I got back, we picked up the kids from school and made our way north to Socorro for the night, on our way to the Trinity Site open house. Along the way, we stopped at our favorite burger joint in the entire world - Sparky's!


It is loaded with kitsch - and this sign made out of license plates from Kentucky really tickled my fancy, given that that is where this chapter of our Army lives began.

It was another 2-3 hours from Sparky's to Socorro, which was really just a staging ground for the trip next morning into the Trinity Site - ground zero for the world's first atomic bomb.


Thankfully - we didn't suffer from Chicago weather!

Cheers!

Marc



No comments: