Sunday, April 23, 2023

Bisti/De-Na-Zin

After our daytime scouting trip the day before, I used my knowledge of the lay of the land to go take some Milky Way photos.


I am still learning on that front - I would have centered the hoodoos in the foreground a bit better, if I had known. Not only is it quite the process to bring all these photos together (the stars are 8-shots each, stacked and 7 shots across; the foreground was another 7 shots across that all had to be mooshed together in Photoshop, but I had to "find" them in the pitch black.

Getting to the location was not terribly difficult since we had scouted the area the day before. That said, this area is REMOTE and DARK. I have a pretty good idea of where I was, but there is no chance I'd be able to get back to this same spot in the dark - I'd be lucky to find this in the daylight!

Cheers,

Marc

No comments: