Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Late Father's Day

Hey everyone - late Father's Day entry here.

Since Catherine and the kids were still on the road, I made my way to a cherry festival (they only had u-pick, and I didn't feel like picking cherries by myself), and then on up into the mountains to get away from the heat.

Right before you get into Cloudcroft, there is this old train trestle across a canyon/ravine. It is pretty photogenic, I'd like to be here for a sunset sometime when the tracks will catch some warm light.



From there, I drove south into Lincoln National Forest, trying to find some aspen trees for fall (found some!) and locate some camping spots. The below photo is from Bluff Springs, which is a small camping area.



It is hard to tell from the photo, but there is a waterfall dropping from the edge of the bluff - it was a small stream, but still pretty, and a world away from the desert 4,000 feet below.

Catherine and the kids arrive later today - can't wait to be reunited.

Cheers,

Marc

No comments: