Friday, July 27, 2012

Sol Duc and the Lavender Festival

So the shot below is taken from the exact same location (tripod didn't move) as for the very specific shot I had alluded to in an earlier post. However, it still isn't the very specific shot. I need to remove the out of focus branch in the middle of the shot, but you can get an idea of what Sol Duc Falls looks like from downstream. I haven't seen too many photos from this location, probably because it is a bit scary standing at the top of the cliff and trying to find a good location to snap a photo.




This shot below is from Hurricane Hill. Finding deer there isn't much of a challenge, but if you look closely at the rocks, you'll see an Olympic Marmot sunning himself before the sun sets. I really like how every thing lined up here. I still need to work a bit on this shot to really make it pop, but I like it so far.




This photo may be one of my favorite abstract shots from the weekend. I just really like the repeating purples and greens. It almost looks like a checkerboard. A great-smelling checkerboard.




And what lavender field would be complete without a purple chair somewhere in the midst?




Okay. That's probably it from the past weekend in the Olympic National Park. It looks like I'll be staying local this weekend. Maybe a mad dash to Mt. St. Helens, but I don't think the snowpack has been melted long enough for the kind of photographs I am after. But it could be a fantastic bike ride!

Cheers,

Marc

No comments: