Thursday, November 11, 2021

Fall Photo Trip - Day 5

Today I hiked The Narrows, a fantastic slot canyon where the river is the trail and sometimes fills the slot from wall to wall. The only way to avoid wet feet is with a dry suit, which I did not have. I had neoprene socks and my trusty river shoes (same thing I wore the day before to/from the Subway).



Again, I timed this trip to try to find peak fall color in the canyon, and found it! I think the fall color adds a little something extra to the overall ambiance.



I intended only to hike a mile or so, but went even further up canyon this trip than I did in May 2014.



It took me basically all day in the canyon, but I still had enough energy to go find a viewpoint to photograph sunset over the river and the Watchman (mountain to the right).


All in all, I'd say this day was a smashing success!

Cheers, 

Marc



No comments: