Monday, November 15, 2021

Fall Photo Trip - Day 8

Part of the rush to get out of Coyote Gulch was the very large drive I had to get to New Mexico the next day. Even getting a very early start, I didn't make it to my destination in northern New Mexico until dinner. To be fair, a good chunk of that was taking photos along the way, but Capitol Reef didn't take too much of my time.



I did find one photo I was really hoping to find, cottonwoods in color with desert varnish in the background. This was in the Fruita area of Capitol Reef. I wish for better lighting, but I am pretty happy with this.



The drive out of Capitol Reef was long but pretty. It passed through some very small towns, larger than our "ghost town" of Organ, just over the mountain from us here at White Sands. These old cattle pens intrigue me, so when I saw one with loads of fall color surrounding it, I hit the brakes and took some photos.



The rest of the trip was through some vast, mostly unpopulated area.


Cheers,

Marc

No comments: